Care Ambulance Service, Inc. is dedicated to providing exceptional service to our customers. We believe it is very important to extend the skill and passion that was received from your field personnel on through to the billing process. After transport by ambulance, our business office will assist you in processing the necessary paperwork to ensure prompt payment from your insurance carrier.
Ambulance transportation coverage varies depending on the patients individual insurance policy. It is important to review the patient's insurance coverage to understand the limitations and requirements of coverage. It may be necessary to obtain a prior authorization from the insurance carrier when scheduling non-emergency transportation services. If the policy does not provide 100 percent coverage for ambulance transportation, the patient may be required to pay a deductible or co-payment as outlined in the insurance policy. Payment of all deductibles and co-payments are due immediately upon receipt of the bill.
Care Ambulance provides comprehensive non-emergency transportation services to patients who need to be safely transported from one facility to another. Insurance plans may cover medically necessary non-emergency transports, but the insurance carrier will determine whether or not ambulance transportation meets their medical necessity criteria. It is important to check with the insurance provider to determine the specific requirements for payment related to non-emergency transportation.
Medicare will cover medically necessary ambulance transportation to the nearest appropriate medical facility. Emergency ambulance transportation may qualify for Medicare coverage if the transport is a result of a sudden onset of a medical condition manifesting itself by acute symptoms of sufficient severity such that the absence of immediate medical attention could reasonably be expected to result in placing the patient's health in serious jeopardy, impairment to bodily function or serious dysfunction to any bodily organ or part. Medicare requires that ambulance transportation be medically necessary and reasonable. To be medically necessary, Medicare requires that the use of any other method of transportation would be contraindicated to the patient's health.
Medicare will not pay for non-emergency ambulance service unless the patient is unable to get out of bed without assistance and unable to walk, unable to sit in a chair or wheelchair, and/or that transportation by any other means would pose a danger to the patient's health. Medicare will not pay for ambulance transportation to a preferred hospital or facility that is not the nearest appropriate facility or for the convenience of the patient, the family or physician. Medicare does not pay for wheelchair, stretcher or gurney transportation. Medicare does not typically pay for discharges home to a personal residence.
For both emergency and non-emergency transportation service, Medicare will pay 80 percent of their allowable rate. The remaining 20 percent will be due from the patient or the patient's secondary insurance carrier.
Medicaid is a program funded by the state that provides medical insurance to assist patients who qualify under the program. The coverage of medical services varies from state to state and patients should check with their Medicaid program to understand coverage criteria for ambulance transportation. In general, Medicaid programs require that all ambulance transportation meet the specific medical necessity criteria established for their state.
If a patient does not have insurance coverage, the bill for Care Ambulance services will be due directly from the patient. Payment is due within thirty (30) days of receipt of the invoice. Care Ambulance accepts personal checks, Visa, American Express and MasterCard. Patients can also make payment by phone &/ our website.
Care Ambulance’s rates are competitive and meet all applicable local, state and federal limitations. Ambulance provider fees typically include a base charge for the transport, a mileage fee and charges for other procedures, supplies or medications administered. 911 ambulance rates are set by the counties in which Care operates. Los Angeles also sets ambulance rates for non-emergency services and Care Ambulance indexes this rate in the other counties it services.
This enables Care Ambulance to bill the insurance carrier on the patient’s behalf. This also allows the medical insurance carrier to pay Care Ambulance directly.
These options are available to settle your account. Please contact your account representative below to discuss payment arrangements if needed.
The different ways to settle your account are listed to the right and the option to pay via credit card is accessible via the button.
Please Provide user with the following information:
Please provide us with the following information: